6 Week Mindfulness for Wellbeing Course
An ideal way to begin practicing mindfulness. During this highly practical 6 week course, you will learn the basic evidence-based techniques of mindfulness in a small group (approximately 6 people). We explore techniques that you can apply to enhance all aspects of your daily life. These include formal meditation, mindful movement, short techniques to bring mindfulness into everyday life & exercises to help you cope with difficult situations. We also discuss the scientific research behind the benefits of regular mindfulness practice. Developing compassion for ourselves & others is also an important part of the course. This element is a powerful addition to mindfulness & can enhance all areas of our lives.
The course contains the following key mindfulness techniques:-
* Mindfulness of the Breath
* Body Scan Meditation
* Mindful Movement
* Loving-Kindness Meditation
* Self Compassion Meditation
* Everyday mindfulness
* Short coping exercises to help you respond more skilfully in difficult situations
As group sizes are kept small, the course can be tailored to suit the individual needs of participants. Students are guided to establish their own regular mindfulness practice & have the opportunity to discuss & reflect on their experiences after each practice. It can be very beneficial & reassuring to learn mindfulness as part of a supportive group.
I offer this course to individuals or small groups, locally or over Skype.
Next Mindfulness for Well-Being Course
Concessions Available - Contact Amy
Cost includes meditations for home practice, handouts, email support & refreshments.
Suitability for the course
The course requires a commitment to attend all 6 sessions & to practice techniques for approximately 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
The course & workshops are designed to be helpful for everyday stress & anxiety but if you have been diagnosed with (or suspect you have) clinical depression, an anxiety disorder, severe emotional distress or other mental health condition, you should contact your GP to discuss your suitability for the course. You may be able to get a referral for specialist support more suitable for you. If you’re unsure if my classes or workshops are right for you, please get in touch (any information given will be kept confidential).
Terms and Conditions
* To reserve a space, students are asked to pay the course fee in advance (payment plans available in special circumstances).
* If you cancel more than 14 days prior to the start date of the course, your booking will be refunded minus a £25 cancellation charge. Cancellations 14 days or less before the start of your booked course cannot be refunded.
* Students are expected to come to all 6 weeks of the course to gain maximum benefits. However, one missed class can either be made up on the next course or at any Breathe Calm yoga class (space permitting.)
"Just wanted to thank you again. You have such a calm manner about you & in the way that you teach - it was a pleasure doing it."
Hannah M, Guildford